I believe I am officially the worst blogger in the world. :) Oh well- what can ya do? Its been way too long since my last post, so I don’t even know where to start, but I really want to update this darn blog!!!
The girls are growing up way too fast. Lately, I’m having a hard time taking Bailee to preschool because I don’t get to spend enough time with her, and it feels like she’s just tired and grumpy for those short hours between coming home and going to bed. But Summer break is almost here. She is also really lucky to be in the preschool she is. I love all the exposure she is getting to music and art. For the last six weeks of school, she and one of her classmates are piloting a violin class for preschool aged kids. Their little violins are ADORABLE! And Bailee is so excited. She cant wait to learn to use the bow. I am excited too. I think it would be great for her if she likes it- and I wouldn’t have sought out violin lessons on my own. I would have naturally just put her in piano lessons (which will probably still happen). She knows all her letters and the sounds they make, and is trying hard to sound out words and spell things. She made me a Mother’s Day card where she sounded out and wrote “I hope u have a good mother’s day love bailee” all by herself! I was so proud. She is taking swimming lessons on Mondays and LOVES being in the water!! She still wants to be a rock star when she grows up, but doctor and violin player have been added to the list. She is way into recycling right now and checks EVERYTHING for the little triangle to see if it can be recycled.
Rachel. Rachel. Rachel. :) This little girl sure keeps me on my toes. I love her so much!! We are officially done with diapers, but I wouldn’t go as far to say she is officially potty trained yet. She does great though! She is a smart girl so I knew she would do well. She is too impatient with me to learn her colors- but every now and then she will get excited and say “MOM- that boo!” and actually be right. While she doesn’t know all the names of the colors and which is which yet- she really REALLY likes the color orange. Case in point- I gave her some reeses pieces….she ate all the orange ones and left the rest…She also ate all the orange candy out of a bag of gummy chicks and rabbits around Easter. At a friends birthday party she chose an orange name tag and later an orange balloon. And my Mother’s Day present from nursery is orange too. One of my friends told me this is a sign she is a genius. I think she’s probably right. :) Rachel LOVES candy and chocolate. She asks for it for breakfast more often than not, but don’t worry- I don’t let her have it for breakfast. :) Bailee always liked candy too, but she would ask for some, have a little and be done. Rachel would eat candy all day and night if she had access too it. On the other hand, you will NEVER see Bailee eating an apply- but Rachel will grab one and eat the whole thing without me even having to slice it or peel it. She is awesome at eating her fruits and veggies and MEAT! She is such a carnivore. If I make her a sandwich, she will just eat the lunch meat off it. The other night I made BLT’s and I kid you not- my two girls ate an entire package of bacon- minus the two slices on my sandwich and the two I put away for Brady’s later. They take after their Uncle Adam, I guess. Except it was turkey bacon. :) After a long time of bedtime battles, we have finally found a routine that works well for Rachel. The key is NO NAPS!! I thought that would be hard for me, but its actually been great! After getting pajamas on and teeth brushed, we each read a verse of scriptures and have prayer. We then have snuggle time, and Rach is usually out in 2-5 minutes. Its incredible!! I really think she was just missing that special close time with her mommy. Now I actually look forward to bedtime instead of dreading it.
I’ll update soon on Brady and I- but really life is just normal for us. Brady is working hard in school and I am working hard with the girls. These are some pictures Paige took for us on Mother’s Day for Easter, since I didn’t get it done then.
What a seriously CUTE family! I just love those two little girls too. So glad you updated your blog, very nice work my dear :)
ReplyDelete