So this is why I was so hesitant to even start a blog! I am no good at it! It has been what? five months or so since I posted. Well- this is me, making a honest effort to really give this a try. Why not right? I love reading on all your blogs and seeing what everyone is up to. It really is neat that we can all stay connected.
Well, the past little while has been full of changes for the Tucker family. The end of August, Brady and I got in the car and headed off to Philadelphia. The girl's followed a few days later via airplane with Grandma Myrna and Auntie (who had never been on a plane before- and after a flight with my little angels/hellions- will likely think twice before doing it again). Brady and I had an amazing time. We really haven't had time like that to ourselves ever! The first night we stayed in Denver with the Roberts. Brady and Katina were in the MTC together. It was great!! They were such awesome hosts. We went to the Dodgers vs. the Rockies game, had some amazing Indian food and really enjoyed our time in Denver. Thanks Katina and Nate!
Our next stop was in Missouri where we stayed with Brady's cousin, Kim, and her family. We stayed up late talking and Kim sent us off with our tummies full of yummy pancakes. I have to mention Kim's son Ryan. I loved this kid!! He was so mature and just a little gentleman. He was always wanting to help carry things and talked to me like we were peers. It was awesome. Great job Kim and Dave- you have some awesome kids!! And thanks again for being our hotel for the night!
The trip was neat. I never in my life imagined I would drive across the country. And can I just say that the country is beautiful! I loved every minute.
A little background: I was driving with Brady to Philly to meet a moving truck with all our belongings to move into an apartment I had never seen before, to a city I had never been, full of people I had never met. We left on Wednesday- and Saturday sometime this all started to become a reality to me. Sunday morning we somewhere in Ohio for the last leg of our trip and I was strangely silent. Throughout the day I got more and more overwhelmed and more and more quiet. We pulled into Philly and went to look at our apartment. I wanted to cry- but for no good reason- so I just kept silent. Then we headed to a ward barbecue to meet people. All of you who were there- I hope you don't remember that first impression of me. All I remember thinking was "Where am I? What am I doing? Take me home. AHHH!" All I wanted to do was check into the hotel and eat my gummy bears. :) So we checked in- but much to my dismay- Gummy bears in a backpack in the back seat of a car driving across the country melt together and don't look very appetizing. Once again- I wanted to cry. But over gummy bears?!? I held the tears back again. My very dear and wonderful husband took me too target where I got a super bag a gummy bears. I don't think I even opened them. I fell asleep that night without saying a word to Brady, silently hoping I would wake up in the morning back in Utah and that it had all been a dream. But monday morning came and I was still in Philadelphia. We went to our empty apartment to wait for our stuff and I went back to the empty bedroom and laid down resuming my "silent shutdown mode." Brady- Thank you so much for putting up with me through that! I know I was a mess and you were awesome. That's probably why I knew this would be okay. I can do anything with you by my side. I love you!!
A little while later- Brandon and Kamini Hogan showed up to help us with the move. I put on my happy face to go greet them- and from that point on- I was find. Seriously! It was an incredible change. Amanda Doran and Lilian came next. Then Spencer Romney. I met Johanna Webb that day, along with Taylor Mecham. Every single person I have met since being in my new home has been so warm, friendly and inviting. I feel like I was meant to be here and feel like I have known these people for years. I know that if I need anything I have love and support from this wonderful network of friends who have created a unique family. I want to thank you all for making me feel so loved and welcome and helping make this transistion easier on me and my family! Especially Martha, Tara, Amanda, Paige, Natalie and your husband's and kids! I couldn't have figured this out on my own and I am so grateful for your help and support!
I have so much more to say- but it is way later than I anticipated- but thats a bit of what has been going on with the Tucker's the last few months. Rachel's birthday was this week and Grandma and Grandpa Tucker showed up on our doorstep as a surprise! It has been so much fun sharing this adventure with them. We are so grateful for what our parents do for us! How lucky we are to have families who love and support us.
5 years ago
Yeah, a post! You need to get on my blog an get all the cousins addresses. That is the fun part for me.
ReplyDeleteMiss you Marla! But I'm so glad you've got support in Philly!
ReplyDeleteUm, you made me cry (not that that's hard) but you must pay for that one day! Miss you Hoochie! XOXO
ReplyDelete